I didn’t get as much done to this as I thought I would. Even considering that we spent two hours of the race with the cars sitting on the grid in the pouring rain under a red flag. Usually, I spend quite a lot of the three race days stitching but this time I only stitched during qualifying and the race itself. I think it was because it was an evening race so the timing threw me out a bit.
Even so, I can see a bit of progress. You can just about see that the grey blob on the left is a tyre. A wet tyre, of course. What else would it be after that very soggy race in Canada? I think the next race should see me finish the first page as there’s just a bit of tyre left and the top of the spoiler plus Hamilton’s helmet. I’m going to change the yellow provided for the helmet for one from my stash as it isn’t quite the right shade. Almost, but not quite and it’ll bug me if I don’t change it.
This is what it looks like now.
I’ve just started on August’s section of the Winnie the Pooh calendar, although I’m itching to carry on with an old friend that got picked up again last week. Photos of that to come soon. And a nice parcel arrived from Sew and so today containing another two Victoria Sampler kits, the fabric for the Pixel People Firefly chart and some 18ct Aida.
I’ve decided that I really don’t like the fabric that I started Starry Night on so I’m going to restart it on Aida before I go any further. I’ve been thinking about it for a while, which is why there’s been no progress on it. I decided it would be best to restart it now while there’s only a tiny bit done than to carry on and not be happy with it. I’m not keen on redoing that corner with all the confetti but I know what to expect this time and will be able to keep the back tidier so that’ll be better. I may finish Winnie the Pooh before restarting it so I can give it more attention. Or not. I’m undecided. Sigh. So many projects, so little time.