Oh my, this part was daunting. I saw the chart for this and was rather worried that I’d bitten off more than I could chew. Ok, so it’s only straight stitch, but it’s still quite complex in the way it’s laid out. Also, some is in one strand, some in two and some in three. It gives it some lovely texture but also makes it more ‘interesting’ to stitch. I’m proud to say that I didn’t let it defeat me though. I took a couple of deep breaths, and made a start.
I was very, very careful to count carefully before making any stitches as I didn’t want to get all the way around only to find that I was one thread out. I also used a spare needle as a laying tool to get all the threads nice and parallel so it looks as neat as possible. I took my time with it and did it in two sessions. It took much longer than any of the other parts but I’m really pleased with the result.
My owl now has a beak and the outline of his head.