This is fun! I’ve completed half of part one so far and I love it. It’s so pretty. The design is two hearts, the same size and shape, but filled with different stitches. The first part uses lots of stitches, some of which I haven’t done before so it’s been really interesting, and in places, challenging. Just how I like it.
This is what the first heart looks like.
The design calls for three greens, light medium and dark. I’ve gone for two overdyes and a DMC. The two lighter ones aren’t necessarily light and medium but are different greens. I like them both so wanted to use them.
Then you need eight floral colours, of which it’s recommended that no more than two should be overdyes or it could look bitty. I really, really love overdyes. I love the effect you get from them so my selection is nearly all overdyes and just a couple of DMC. My end result may be more of an abstract look than some of the others but I’ll love it.
Here’s a close up of the stitches used. This is Berwick stitch. It was one of the slightly more challenging ones. Above it is one of the versions of a Partial Eyelet stitch.
This one is Norwich stitch. It’s in one of the lovely Threadworkx colours and I love how it looks in this stitch. Inbetween the arms of it is a version of Ray stitch in a metallic thread. It’s Petite Treasure Braid and was not only nice to work with but looks so sparkly. It’s surrounded by backstitch in a plain colour.
Finally there’s Lazy Daisy stitch. It took me a couple of tries to get this one right but once I did it went fine. I used another of the Threadworkx colours. Around it is a combination of another type of Ray stitch and another Partial Eyelet stitch.
There are still loads of beads to go on this but they’ll have to go on at the very end as they really won’t like the R&R frame. I’m a bit nervous about clipping it over those stitches to be honest but they should be fine. I hope.
I have the next part of The Great Escape and will do that next before starting on the second heart.