Part six is finished! I said that wouldn’t take long. I quite enjoyed this with its lack of back stitch. I took the time to give the whole thing a quick press as I had the iron out for something else, so I’ve taken a photo of it while it doesn’t look too creased.
I think my favourite stitch was the large Rhodes Square with the Modified Kloster Blocks around it. There are some metallic cross stitches to either side and there will be beads in there too once I put those in at the end. I love the jewel-like effect of the square.
There were some more Kloster Blocks around the Pulled Square Eyelets. I like doing the Kloster blocks. Being in the chunky thread, they stitch up nice and quickly and there’s virtually no counting. Easy peasy. The pink stitches are Smyrna cross stitches. Also easy.
I’m blaming the distinct lack of natural light at 3pm today for some of the photos not being as sharp as they could be. I take the photos on my desk by a large window and usually don’t have a problem. Today, it was just a bit too dark. Winter, eh.
There were a couple of stitches done in green. I rather liked these Fishbone leaf stitches.
They took a bit of concentration but weren’t difficult. The dark blue blob is a Rhodes Berry stitch. The other green stitch is Open Cretan stitch and this nearly drove me nuts. I couldn’t figure out where to start it from the diagram and chart. In the end I just dived in and hoped it worked out in the right place. Luckily it did.
The pink is a Star stitch, and the small blue blob is a Partial Rhodes stitch. Apart from the problem of finding where to start off the Cretan stitch, the only other one to give me any problems was the Butterfly Eyelet stitch. Again, I just couldn’t figure out where to start it off. I was turning the charts around to try to line them up with the way the butterfly was sitting as it just wouldn’t make sense but suddenly it clicked and then it was easy enough.