It’s finished! And it looks much better now that I’ve tweaked a few bits and added the long stitch. I’m really pleased with it, and very happy that I went ahead and changed that green.
As I was changing the green on that large area of grass, I also changed the foliage in the tub next to the date. I redid the date too, as having stitched the green around it, some of it had become obscured. I’m much happier with both of those now. I also changed the lighter green in the balloon so that it would look more like the picture. It looks so much better now.
I do love this, especially now it has the ropes added.
The green grassy area look so much better with the substituted shade. You can see all the little details now. I love the little sheep and those two people waving at the balloon – or at least that’s what I assume they’re doing. I rather like that little fence too.
The ship has now taken over from the bird on branch as my new favourite area of the design. It looked ok before but once I’d added the ropes to it, the difference was amazing. I really love it.
So, that’s my other January start finished, which I’m very happy about. I think I may do a very small project next and then maybe start on a Pixel People. Or, I may change my mind before June and pick something else from my (not so) wee little stash pile.