I found a lovely pattern for a large Granny square that I’m planning to use as the base for a cushion cover. I’m not quite sure why I thought I’d be able to do it, mind as it’s fairly advanced. For some reason I don’t seem to have any fear when it comes to crochet patterns, or counted stitch designs come to that. I see them, I like them and I decide to do them. With no thought of whether I have the ability to do them. No fear at all. It’s going to come back to bite me in the bum one day.
Still, this one seems to be going ok so far. I had to resort to YouTube once but other than that the instructions were perfectly adequate for someone who hadn’t done the stitches before.
I’ve used the pretty brightly coloured cottons that I bought at the NEC with a paler pink that I bought to go with them. They were lovely to work with, but I can’t say that I enjoyed balling up the skeins.
This is the centre, which is done in Bubble stitch.
I love working with that cotton. It has a sheen to it and comes up beautifully. The pale pink cotton that I bought to go with the four from the NEC is softer but still very nice. It’s a bit plumper though so you get a slightly different effect. I rather like them together.
This is about 13″ square now but is not yet finished. I won’t be adding any more to the edges. The next step is the surface stitches. I’m hoping it’ll look as stunning as the original once I’ve done that.