I started this ages ago and made quite good progress on it. I did the Bubble stitch centre and then the rows around it until it was about 13″ square. That was the point at which I posted about it and mentioned that it might be a bit more advanced than I could handle, but I thought I was doing ok.
Famous last words. I did the first row of surface stitches, the Crocodile stitch, and realised I’d made a tiny mistake. When I tried to unpick it, I couldn’t find where I’d woven in my ends so eventually had to resort to cutting it. This was where my problems really started as I managed to cut the layer underneath instead. This was a disaster as it meant I then had to unpick EVERYTHING, right back to a couple of rows after the Bubble stitch centre.
I was gutted.
After putting it away for a couple of weeks, while I had a good sulk, I finally redid the bits that I’d had to undo and then put it away again rather than face the Crocodile stitch. I’m such a coward. Eventually though I got it back out and after a couple of mis-starts, I got the hang of the stitch and this is the result.
I’m sure the Crocodile stitch could be a bit more even, but I’m very happy with it for a first attempt. I need to crochet the back now as this is going to be a small cushion cover. That’s going to be plain though so won’t take nearly as long. I hope 😉
Pattern by Joyce Lewis on Ravelry