While the Jungle has been so overgrown, I haven’t been out there much at all. Most of the garden was inaccessible, due to the brambles and other weeds. This meant that there was nowhere to hang out washing so I’ve used the tumble drier for pretty much everything for a few years.
Now that the garden is getting clearer I wanted to be able to take advantage of the drier weather to hang my washing outside, to save on the electric bill. Saving money is sort of a priority at the moment as I’ve just left my job and we now have only one income. I currently have plenty of time to work on the garden and house, but not a lot of cash.
I’m also keen to be a bit greener, so this will help with that too.
We found a rotary airer for less than half price in Homebase, so got one and Stephen has installed it for me.
There was a hole for one where the slab is missing but I decided it was too close to the greenhouse. Maybe the one that was there before wasn’t so wide. The new location is far enough away from both the house walls and the greenhouse so that the laundry won’t brush against them.
I had a few pegs already, but needed a few more so managed to find some cheap-ish ones. All I needed then was a peg bag. There was no way I was going to spend good money on one when I have a small stash of fabric, so I made one. It’s not pretty, but then it doesn’t need to be. It is practical though and it does the job nicely. I sort of made it up as I went along and I’m quite proud of it.
It was great being able to hang washing out and it dried in a couple of hours. I’d forgotten just how fresh it smells afterwards. Shame about the creases though. I may have to start ironing stuff…