And it’s finished. The fabric is Sparklies 28ct evenweave in Autumn Glow. The floss is CC Peapod and GA Dark chocolate and Pomegranate. The design is by Wee Little Stitches.
I thought I’d finally worked out how to place this border so it would be even all the way around. It ended up close, but not quite there. By the time I’d figured that out though, I was almost all the way around so did not want to frog the lot and start again.
I am pleased with how it looks though. It’s just what I was trying to achieve although I had a bit of a problem with the corners. I redid the first one about three times before I liked how it looked.
I also had a bit of a mishap with the direction of the top of the crosses. When I turned the corner the first time, I turned the work to make it easier, not realising that doing so would require me to cross the other way. I don’t think it’s too obvious though.
The finished piece has been put into the box with the others that need framing or finishing in whatever way I decide.
I’m ashamed to admit that there are 24 pieces of cross stitch/speciality stitch in there. I really must do something with them soon, if only because the box is now full.