I’ve managed to get a bit done to Frodo’s quilt, but I haven’t got very far as I’ve been so busy in the garden.
First I made six nine-patch blocks
I tried to place the squares randomly but I just couldn’t do it. I did manage to stop myself from putting them all the same way up, so there is some randomness there. Also one block has two of the squares in the wrong place, but I don’t think it’ll show once it’s finished.
Once I’d finished the blocks, I then cut them all apart again. (as you do) When I did a disappearing nine patch before, I cut the block into quarters and rotated them. I’ve done this one differently. I found a few examples of this online and thought it looked good.
I’ve got the blocks sewn back together now, and I just need to sew them together and finish it off.
I’m hoping to get a cushion made for the cat carrier before we go to collect Frodo so I’m going to try to do that next and finish the quilt later. Not too much later though. I’d like Frodo to have his quilt while he’s still a kitten 😉