I had a massive sort out in my craft room a few months back. I found lots of things that I’d forgotten that I had and some that were lying unwanted and unused at the back of cupboards. One of the unused items was a small photo printer. It’s a dye sublimation printer which I was persuaded to buy due to its superior photo quality and because the photos would last longer without fading. As I was doing a lot of scrapbooking then, it seemed like a good buy.
It wasn’t. I just didn’t get on with it. The colours were off and getting it fixed was a nightmare. I gave up on it in the end and it migrated to the back of one of the cupboards.
When I found it, during the sort out, I thought I’d try it again and found that the print quality wasn’t too bad if you used it in standalone mode and not with a computer. Unfortunately it’s now obsolete and I can’t get any more supplies for it. I did have a fair few consumables for it though and I’ve gradually picked out and tweaked a few photos of the cats and have printed them out.
Which brings us to the point of this post. Having the photos gave me a nudge to do some scrapping and as I’d recently been admiring some layouts by Rachel, I did a couple that were vaguely inspired by her.
You may notice that there are some cat themed embellishments on there. I started collecting them years ago as I was determined to get more cats one day and knew I’d want to scrap them. I’ve got quite a stash of different ones including a whole pad of papers.