Having finished the African Sampler (hooray!) with plenty of time left until I show it off at the next SAL update, I thought I’d get this one out again. I hope to finish this one before starting anything new, but we’ll see how well I do at resisting the call of the projects box.
I feel like I’ve spent ages on it but without getting very far, probably because a lot of it was the dreaded silver metallic. It splits horribly and gets all snaggly and snarly so you can only use very short lengths to stitch with. I hope I have enough of it, as I really don’t have to want to buy more of the wretched stuff. Next time a kit comes with a metallic, I’m replacing it with Kreinik, as I did with the African Sampler.
This is where I left Rose Boudoir back in September.
And this is how it looks now.
It looks like solid blocks of colour for most of it, but it isn’t. There are several similar colours used to give subtle shading, and there are also blends used for even more subtlety. Some is stitched in two strands and some is single. It’s fun to stitch, and now that I’ve done all the metallic for the rose, I shall enjoy ‘colouring’ it in.