When I did the top half of this project, I picked a place to start and worked my way around until it was all done. The bit I enjoyed the most was colouring in the rose once I’d done all the outline, so when I sat down to tackle the bottom half, I decided to do all the outlines first.
Now, all that’s left is to do all the colouring in. The huge bonus to doing it this way is that all the dreaded metallic stitching is now done and the rest is all in normal DMC. There was a lot of metallic outlining to do and at one point I was worried that I’d run out of the vile stuff and be forced to buy more, but luckily I made it with a couple of strands to spare.
This is what the project looks like at the moment.