I finally got around to using some of the lovely new variegated yarn from the Poundshop. It’s so pretty! And, I got eleven hats out of one ball. At one point I got a bit quackers. There are some assorted hats, some using variegated yarn, but mostly using up more oddments. I’m really pleased with the orange/blue stripey one. The problem with doing stripes when you’re working in a spiral, is that the joins look really odd. I had an idea that if I had two colours going at the same time, with both going round in a spiral, it’d look better, and it does. It was quite fiddly to do though.
Finally, I was so chuffed at getting so many hats done that I went a bit bananas… I made that up as I went along. It was easy enough, it just took a little longer than a simple hat. I liked the little stem that I put on the top and thought it could turn a frilly hat into a bellflower so I made some of those too.
I think that’s another 33 hats and the oddments bag is almost empty. Just a bit more to use up and then back onto Poundland yarns.