I had a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas but until recently I hadn’t done much with it. First I wanted to get a crack on with the Baltic albums and then made a start on some classes, and didn’t need anything die-cut. Plus the software looked awfully complicated and I wasn’t quite sure where to start.
So, I joined a few FaceBook groups that looked useful and tried cutting out a pre-made cut file from Paige Evans. It was easy enough, and I used one of Paige’s tutorials to find out how to then cut out the patterned paper to back the cut file. It worked like a charm and I’m really pleased with the resulting layout. I’ve got quite a few old 6×6 paper pads, so I used papers from one of those to experiment with. I just needed to figure out how to make my own cut files like that as I wanted to do ones with the cats’ names.
I’ve had some music-themed papers for a very long time. I bought them with a vague idea of doing a layout about my favourite music but never got around to it. I decided this was the perfect photo to use some of it with. I used the Silhouette for the title and the musical notes. It’s quite simple but I’m pleased with it.
I have hundreds of photos waiting to be scrapped. They’re all organised so not a problem, but I do want to try to get up to date with last year and this year and worry about anything earlier when I have time. This one is us having breakfast at one of our favourite places. Title done with the Silhouette. The cats have their own album, soon to be two albums as it’s getting a bit full. I did a multi photo layout with all the cats on to start it off and mostly the rest are in date order. I thought it’d be fun to do a layout for each line of the little song from The Big Bang Theory – Soft kitty. I’ve got a couple more to do, but I’ve just finished another one, with the title done on the Silhouette. Now I’m looking at the photo though, I can see that trapped space, so that title needs moving over a bit. I finally figured out how to do my own titles, like the one in the first layout. I was quite pleased with how this one turned out. Next I did one for Frodo, with one backed cut file and one script. I love the look of slightly patterned papers to back the cut files with, and both the papers used on this layout are at least ten years old, so bonus for using old stash.
Finally, feeling a bit more confident, I made a cut file for the title, and used a leaf cut file, that I’d bought from the design store, and added that to it. I’m really happy with this one. I used the Silhouette to cut the extra leaves using another bought cut file and used those as embellishments.
I have some lovely cut files in my library that I want to use, plus loads of ideas for making my own so no doubt there will be lots more to come.
Credit for cut files:
Beautiful – Paige Evans
Autumn leaves – Jennifer Wambach
6 Autumn leaves – Kolette Hall