It’s growing nicely, and another colour has been introduced as we had a couple of warmer days in March.
My temperature blanket is growing nicely now. There’s still more Indigo than Violet in it, especially over the past week or so as it’s been quite chilly at times, but I’m hoping to see some more Violet this month and maybe some Heather too.
You can see the hexagonal shape of it much more now that it’s a bit bigger. I’m really pleased that I chose to go with that shape instead of trying to do a rectangle or square with the hexies.
It can be a bit tricky seeing where my next hexie is to go though, so I’ve got markers on each hexie of the previous round and a purple marker on the leading edge of the current round just to make sure I don’t go wrong. I may need to start using yarn scraps as markers for the next round though as I’m running out of the plastic ones.
My blanket is coming on nicely. I’ve managed to keep up with doing a hexie each day without any problems. I’m getting faster at doing them too. I am getting to the point where I’d quite like to use some other colours though. I was chuffed to bits on the one day in January when the temperature reached the range that I’ve allocated to Violet, but sadly that was the only one so the lone Violet hexie looks a bit lonely.
Fingers crossed that we get a bit more variation in the temperatures in February. That Violet hexie would really love some company 🙂
I actually finished part four a few weeks ago but it’s taken me until now to get a photo of it. I had to move furniture around in the bedroom to get a large enough floor space where there’s enough light. Moving the bed means getting the vacuum out as it gets a bit fluffy under there from the cats.
I loved doing the hexagons. With more rounds to do, and most of them being different in some way, I found it easier to do all the round 1s first, then the round 2s etc. I didn’t have to keep referring to the pattern that way.
It definitely needs blocking as it doesn’t lie flat but I’m still not sure how I’m going to accomplish that. I’ve still got the border to do so I’ve got some time to think about it.
I finished part three last weekend but have only just managed to get a photo of it. It’s getting a bit large to photograph now, especially if I want natural light. I had to spread it out on the bed and stand on the bed to get the shot. Can’t wait to take the next photo when it’s even bigger 😉
Part three was pentagons and again we used the join as you go method which I’m really liking. No assembly will be needed for this project – hooray! I loved the design of the pentagons with the raised ring in the centre and the colour mixes are so pretty.
Not the best photo as it does need blocking. I’m going to wait until it’s finished for that although I’ve no idea how. I may have to invest in some larger blocking mats, but it’s finding somewhere to block it where the cats can’t get at it.
I’m currently working on part four which is hexagons. They’re bigger than the pentagons but are just as lovely.
Yesterday I finished part two of this CAL. It’s currently pinned out on my blocking board as it was a bit curly. The designer says that it’ll settle down once the other parts are attached but I thought a bit of blocking wouldn’t hurt. The rest will have to go unblocked though as my blocking board has reached its limit with part two.
The panels for part two were very simple to crochet. It only took as long as it did because there are sixteen of them. The joining gave me some trouble to start with. I quickly read the instructions and as I wasn’t sure of how to do it, I watched the video. After I’d joined half of the panels, I found out that the video was wrong so had to frog them and start again. They look a lot better now, although I’m still not convinced that they’re correct. I can’t see any other way to do them though, so I’m calling them done.
The first part of the Carousel CAL was released yesterday and I’m afraid I just couldn’t help myself. I’ve nowhere near finished the Last dance on the beach CALs but that gorgeous Batik yarn was calling to me. I was just going to put the colours needed into a bag with the printed instructions, but somehow I found myself doing the centre as it’s a technique that I hadn’t come across before, and once I’d started…
You can’t tell from the quick snap but there’s a bit of a 3D effect going on with the centre section. The popcorn stitch in the Indigo really pops and I love the Cherry centre. I’ll definitely use that technique again.
The Batik is lovely to work with and the colours are beautiful. Part one didn’t take long to do at all, although I’m thinking that the other parts look as if they’ll take a lot, lot longer. The next part is released in a week, and then it’s every two weeks, I think.
While I’m waiting for part two, I’ll try to get some more done to Last dance on the beach. Can’t neglect it with just 14 squares left before I can start joining them.